Tuesday, May 15, 2012

looking for (hot) author of award-winning historical novels!

Being a fan of history books, non-fiction and fiction alike, I checked out The Guardian's Top 10 Best Historical Novels, and was struck by the phrases "the destruction of the church of Les Innocents and the clearance of its cemetery" and "major conflicts... between history and progress, remembering and forgetting". It was part of the list-compiler's description of "Pure" by Andrew Miller, winner of the 2011 Costa Book Awards.


I was intrigued, and read more. And learned that his first novel, "Ingenious Pain", whose main character reminds me of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille from "Perfume" by Patrick Suskind, won several awards.


Also, Andrew Miller is hot (for a 52-year-old)!


How could I have not heard of him before? Well, the only thing to do is to rectify the situation and get my hands on the above books.

No comments:

Post a Comment