Sunday, February 26, 2012

book review: "A Clash of Kings" by George R.R. Martin

A CLASH OF KINGS
George R.R. Martin

The title of the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series is truly apt. In "A Clash of Kings", we are treated to a battle between brothers and wars among factions, with only the Night's Watch recognizing and standing against the common enemy, the creatures beyond the Wall.

It is difficult to write a review without giving away spoilers, so let me just say that after reading "A Game of Thrones" and having experienced how Martin writes, nothing should surprise you. Betrayals abound in this book.

I like this part more than I did the first, I think because I have become emotionally invested in the characters. I have come to really care about what happens to them, especially House Stark. And because of that my next read will be "A Storm of Swords".


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment